Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Making your own

It seemed like a natural flow to make my own stuff. Most importantly you would know what was in it. No trying to decipher labels which now I can't read as my eyes age. And as an added bonus making your own is cheaper. Yes, at first getting started does have it's start-up costs.

I think the first thing I started Making Me Own was dog food in 2013. I researched and found recipes, tried them out on Buddy and Kream and made adjustments as needed. There favorite is chicken, brown rice and broccoli. I would change it up by using ground beef or turkey. Sometimes using up leftovers. The change in there activity level and Buddy's skin was quick and dramatic!

Then I moved on to making skin care products. Always a pricey part of the grocery bill! I started with toner for my oily skin, found the many uses for coconut oil and aloe vera. This research for DIY personal products lead me to essential oils. My first purchase was Tea Tree. It is still one of my "go-to" favorites.

My newest endeavor.......beekeeping!
 Young bees take care of bee babies called larvae. A bee larvae looks ...

The purchase of 11.5 acres in Caldwell County last spring has made my dream of beekeeping a reality. I have purchased my hive, taken a few classes and found a local group.
I will keep you updated on my progress.


Remember...be authentic...be true to yourself!

No comments: